Sunday 5 May 2019

#5 Ichiro's retirement press conference (1)

Recently, I am always looking for interesting/attractive video clips to introduce to you. And I was very happy when I found this one!

I would like to recommend this video clips to everyone in the world, regardless if you like baseball or not. Many people (especially Japanese and Americans) would agree that Ichiro is the one of the greatest baseball players, and you would know why after you watch this video!

His sincere attitude towards baseball inspired many people who are trying to grow and improve oneself, or people who are struggling in difficulties and challenges in lives, in many other area.

Ichiro speaks clearly and slowly, that is another reason why I would like to recommend this video to Japanese language learners.

This interview was done on 21 March 2019, on the day of his retirement. Ichiro was 45 years old.

As the original video clip is very long (1h 24min.), and there are many points I would like to focus on, I will focus on some selected parts at a time, and continue in other lessons as a series.

In this lesson, I will focus on the opening part and the first question.




Key Words
"Geneki" 現役 = Active/ working (player)
"Intai" 引退 = Retirement
"Ouen" 応援 = Cheering/ Rooting
"Kansha" 感謝 = Appreciation/ Gratitude
"Koukai" 後悔 = Regret


Video Clip
From "The Page" in Youtube
https://youtu.be/MoschCm4-XE

No comments:

Post a Comment