Skip to main content

#10 Lesson with a song - "Superstar" by Tokyo Incident (2)

This is a second lesson based on a song "Superstar" by Tokyo Incident.
I recommend you to listen to the lesson #9 first, if you haven't.


Ringo, the vocal of Tokyo Incident, who also writes lyrics of all her songs, stated with the release of this song "Superstar" that she is an admirer of Ichiro and the song is inspired by him.



In this lesson, I am focusing on the second verse (from 1:50- )
Following is the lyric of this part.

<Roma ji>
Kotae wa mugendai sa
Jibun de tsukutte iku
Kareyuku ha ga aikawarazu
Jimen o mamotte iru
Sonna daichi kette aruiteha
Koe o sagasuno

-------(interruption) ----------

Ashita wa anata wo moyasu honou ni
mukiau kokoro ga hoshii yo
Moshimo aeta toki wa hokoreru youni
Terebi no naka no anata
Watashi no superstar

<Hiragana>
こたえは むげんだいさ
じぶんで つくっていく
かれゆく はが あいかわらず じめんを まもっている
そんな だいち けって あるいては
こえを さがすの

-------(interruption) ----------

あしたは あなたを もやす ほのおに
むきあう こころ が ほしいよ

もしも あえたときは ほこれる ように
テレビの なかの あなた
わたしの スーパースター


Key Words

Kotae  答え answer
Mugendai 無限大 Infinite
Jibunde 自分で by oneself
Kareyuku ha  枯れゆく葉 dying leaves
Aikawarazu 相変わらず  as ever
Jimen o mamoru 地面を守る Protect the ground
Daichi 大地 ground, earth
Kette aruku 蹴って歩く Kicking and walking 
Koe o sagasu 声をさがす looking for one's voice
Moyasu 燃やす to burn
Honoo 炎 flame
Mukiau 向き合う to face
Kokoro 心 Spirit, heart
Hokoreru 誇れる can be proud (of oneself)


Full lyrics is available here
http://www.utamap.com/showkasi.php?surl=B13007


Comments

  1. Hi! I listen to your podcast on Spotify. I find it to be the most helpful podcast I listen to. Thank you for making it! I hope you make more soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am so sorry that I am replying to you very late. Now, I found very useful podcast platform which offers AI powered transcription. Check my previous contents with the transcript. I will continue to upload new material there! https://listen.style/p/na-jl/gjclpl3y

      Delete
  2. Hi, have you stopped podcasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that I am replying to you very late. I stopped for a while (which is about 5 years) but now I am restrating! Now, I found very useful podcast platform which offers AI powered transcription. Check my previous contents with the transcript. I will continue to upload new material there! https://listen.style/p/na-jl/gjclpl3y

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please visit my podcast on "LISTEN" - Moving the platform and restarting!

 Hi, dear listners. It's been long time. I am restarting my Japanese Language podcast in the new platform "LISTEN" https://listen.style/ I strongly recommend this new podcast platform for all Japanese language leaners. This service offers AI powered transcription. As well as the translation to other languages (if the creater chose to translate). This is a combination of podcast, blog and SNS. It is easier to link to various other platform (such as youtube and other web pages), and communicate with other cleators using trackback functions. I am indeed impressed with this platform and I would like to communicate with Japanese language learners using this service. Let me recommend you (Japanese language learners) to create your own podcast style diary, in Japanese language, and let me know your site. I will visit your site, listen to what you recorded and will leave comments! 

#6 Ichiro's retirment press conference (2)

This is the second lesson on the video clip from the retirement press conference of very famous and great baseball player, Ichiro. This interview was done on 21 March 2019, on the day of his retirement. Ichiro was 45 years old. In this part of the interview, an interviewer asked him to give a message to the children who want to start baseball. In the beginning of his answer, he said that the message is not necessarily for the children who start baseball. Key Words "Kodomotachi" 子どもたち = Children "Necchuu suru" 熱中する = Be enthusiastic on ... "Muchuu ni naru" 夢中になる = Be into ... "Kabe" 壁 = Wall/ Barrier/ Obstacle "Tachihadakaru" 立ちはだかる = hinder one' way/ block one's way "Mukau" 向かう = To face, to head for... "Mitsukeru" 見つける = To find "Muku ka mukanai ka" = Either if it suitable for you or not Video Clip From "The Page" in Youtube https://youtu.be/MoschCm4-XE